Marsha411JD, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Atty, 29 yrs exp in the practice of law.
19127644

My x girlfriend is giving out my medical records without my

My x girlfriend is giving out my medical records without my consent

Thank you for the information, however, I need some clarification of the facts from you. Can you tell me what you mean by "giving" them out, to whom and how? Exactly what is she doing and how did she get your medical records? Also, what kind of "medical records" are you referring to?

Finally, what is your specific legal question?

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

its my records from drug rehab and medications i have and are taken. she has the documents because i used to live with her . she sent the records to the attorney bar of texas and my probation. she was filimg a complaint to the bar concerning my criminal attorney. my question is can i pursue her legally for giving my private medical records without my consent

Hello again Zachary,

Thank you for that additional information. Yes, unless the records were subpoenaed by the Bar Association or the Courts, you could file suit against her for invasion of privacy. You will want to sit down with a local personal injury attorney who handles non-physical injury torts (which is what invasion of privacy is) and discuss the facts in detail to see if they want to take your case.

Please let me know if you need any clarification. I would be glad to assist you further if I can.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, I wanted to follow up on my legal situation on 04/19 at 8:00am Mountain Time.

Alright, well I should be online at that time.