P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience
11181181

Hi, There is a person who consistently calls me when I asked

There is a person who consistently calls me when I asked them several time not to call me but they still do. They would call me in regards XXXXX XXXXX of paying off loans and I told them no but they have been calling for almost two weeks now non stop. I even told them to stop calling me because it is harrassment but they still call. How do I handle this or can a attorney contact me?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

This depends on who the person calling is.

Are they the original creditor ? Or are they a debt collector (someone other than who you took the loan out with)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No. It's none of those people at all but someone who calls to ask if I need any loans paid off and I would tell them no but the same person would either call me constantly from different numbers and unknown.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Thank you

There are federal laws in place that protect individual from harassment by a debt collector. So if the person calling is a debt collector and you tell them to stop calling and they continue? They are in violation of federal law and you can sue them to recover for the harassment.

But it is more complex if they are not a debt collector.

In such a case, it may still be harassment, but may be more difficult to enforce. If you can find out who they are and where they are located you can demand they stop and if they continue you can sue them for harassment.

And you can report this to local law enforcement for harassment. The police can prosecute them if they are harassing you.

So I would talk them next time to find out who and where they are. Then tell them to stop calling you. IF they continue, consider reporting them to the police and you can also consider a lawsuit against them for harassment.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I would like to consider a lawsuit because this has been going on since last Friday and it never stopped even after several times of askinf him to please stop calling me. I will ask his name and info the next time he calls and then take it from there.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Exactly. You want to find out who they are and where they are located...then you can take legal action.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you and hoping that we keep in touch of this matter.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Welcome. Best of luck in this fight
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

How would you rate yourself of coming out on top in this case?

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
SOrry...not sure I understand what you mean?

You want to know how I rate my answer?

Or how I rate your chance of success?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

If I was to choose you as my attorney of this case, what's the percentage of winning?

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
If you can prove "harassment"...if you can prove that they are continuing to call you even after you ask them to stop? Then you have a good case.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I can definitly prove it because I have a log of the calls including different numbers and unknown calls as well.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Then you have a good case. You simply need to identify who they are and where they are at...then you can take action against them.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Will do and thank you again.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, best of luck
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Also, Does your fees get paid for by the other party's attorney if the case is a winner on my side?

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
No. In most cases you have to pay your own lawyers fees.
P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience: 16 yrs. of trial experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I believe we have a case because they have just called again and I asked those questions. He stated his name and the company he was with. I'm sure he will call back again because when I asked where he's from, he hung up. He will not accept no but will continue to call consistely.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Are your fees are paid after the case is won or how does it go?

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
There is some confusion it seems. I can not represent you. This website only allows me to answer legal questions. I have tried to do that for you.

But I only am compensated if you rate the answer. I would appreciate if you would do so.
P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience: 16 yrs. of trial experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I already rated your answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks again. I already rated your answer. I guess I will look for another attorney since you are not available for this case.