BizAttorney
BizAttorney, Attorney
Experience:  Over 12 years of business and legal experience.
13790199

While on vacation I received a speeding ticket in Hillsborough

While on vacation I received a speeding ticket in Hillsborough County, Florida (85mph in a 70 zone). I am licensed in NJ and according to NJ DMV this should result in 2 pts to my NJ driving record. The fine is $243 and was considering just paying it but received a bunch of flyers from traffic lawyers in Tampa promissing dismissal (which I think is unlikely) or adjudication withheld. Will Florida report the adjudication withheld ruling to the NJ DMV and if so, how will this affect my NJ driving record?

BizAttorney :

Good evening! I can help you out with your legal question tonight. Yes, FL will report to NJ regarding the citation. It is worth paying a local Tampa attorney to appear and amend it to a parking ticket, so that it doesn't affect you in NJ.

BizAttorney :

I don't think you would get it dismissed, but would merely pay to amend it to a parking ticket and then pay that parking ticket.

Customer:

I spoke with several attorney in the Tampa area and guarantee the same: dismissal or adjudication withheld. None have even suggested getting it amended to a parking ticket. That would be great if possible.

BizAttorney :

If they can get it dismissed, great, but it likely is just getting amended to a parking ticket and you will pay for it.

BizAttorney :

Either way, it won't go on your record.

BizAttorney :

If you get an attorney.

Customer:

What about a ruling of 'adjudication withheld', will that get reported?

BizAttorney :

No, adjudication withheld only means there wasn't a hearing.

Customer:

Ok, thanks for your help.

BizAttorney :

You are very welcome! Good luck and make sure to call them. Please have a good night and give me feedback before you go.