BizAttorney
BizAttorney, Attorney
Experience:  Over 12 years of business and legal experience.
13790199

Im trying to figure out if someone is telling me the truth

I'm trying to figure out if someone is telling me the truth about a crime he says he didn't commit. I got the narrative interview with the alleged victim from the court. It has her name and I found her on facebook. Is it harassment for me to message her?

BizAttorney :

Good evening! I can help you out with your legal question tonight. No, anyone can contact anyone on Facebook. The only time someone can't contact another person on social media, is if there is a court order prohibiting contact with the other person.

BizAttorney :

So you can message her, if her profile allows for it.

BizAttorney :

However, if you constantly keep messaging her without a response, then she can use a non-legal remedy and simply block you.

BizAttorney :

If she feels she is harassing her, then she can take the appropriate action with the courts to get a court order.

BizAttorney :

Did you have any other questions tonight?

Customer:

I have tons of questions about his case, but not this particular question. If you're able to answer...

Customer:

Can his case be overturned if she admits to lying? If she admits to lying would she get punished?

BizAttorney :

I don't know the underlying case, but anytime anyone testifies and lies, it discredits them and dissuades a jury to rule in his/her favor.

BizAttorney :

So if she lied and confesses, then it may be enough to overturn the punishment to the crime.

Customer:

It was a sexual assault case. He said/she said. Thanks for your help.

BizAttorney :

You are very welcome! Have a great night and please leave feedback for me before you go.