RobertJDFL, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.

I bought a 2002 jeep liberty at a buy here pay here cash ran

I bought a 2002 jeep liberty at a buy here pay here cash ran great then and later that day car shut off and did not start florida the lot said they will not give my money back and so far have tried to fix has been 6 days what can I do?
Thank you for your question.

Was there any type of warranty with the jeep when you purchased it? Or was this a sales lot that sold that car "as is"?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sold as is
Thank you for your reply.

I am afraid you are without recourse because it was an "as is" purchase. The term as is gives notice to buyers that they are taking a risk on the quality of the goods. The buyer is free to inspect the goods before purchase; but if any hidden defects are discovered after purchase, the buyer has no recourse against the seller. Any implied or express warranties that usually accompany goods for sale are excluded in an "as is" sale.

In other words, even if they said "Yea, it's a great car, it runs perfectly, no problems, you'll love it!" -- the fact that it is an as is purchase means you assume all risk after the purchase.

I understand this was likely a significant purchase, and I wish I had better news. You can still file a complaint with the Florida Attorney General's office, and you can file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau if you believe they are running an unscrupulous business. A good rating is important to many businesses (though there is no requirement that a business be BBB accredited) so many will work with consumers after being notified of a complaint to resolve the matter.