Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney-at-Law
66887675

Im the pro se plaintiff in a case that has been removed to

I'm the pro se plaintiff in a case that has been removed to Federal jurisdiction. I can't find an attorney to take my case because of multiple errors and mis-steps by my original lawyer. This original lawyer dropped my case after the case was removed to Federal jurisdiction, stating they were not qualified to represent me in Federal Court.

My question is, can I submit a motion for non-bar representation for this case? I have found a knowledgeable and experienced individual to assist, but the person is not a member of the bar in Washington State (or any state, for that matter).

Is it possible to request non-bar representation? Thanks in advance.

Thelawman2 :

The person is not permitted to represent you in court. Only licensed attorneys may appear in court on behalf of someone, even if they are knowledgeable and experienced. Even if the person is providing advice to you and not appearing in court, they could be considered practicing law without a license, and therefore, guilty of a crime

Customer:

Is there no option to hire non-bar representation?

Thelawman2 :

If you believe your previous lawyer made errors, you may want to consider hiring another attorney and file a lawsuit against the original lawyer for malpractice

Customer:

That will happen after my current case is final.

Thelawman2 :

Sorry, there is no option to hire non-bar representation. The practice of law is heavily regulate and requires a person to be a member of the bar to represent someone else in court

Customer:

I suspected as much. That's too bad, for me. No one will take my case.

Customer:

thanks!

Thelawman2 :

If there was a possibility that your case would be removed, your attorney should have known that. It was malpractice to take the case in the first place knowing they could not represent you in federal court

Customer:

That's what I've heard now....after the fact :(

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I'm still the pro se plaintiff in Federal court & my case is to be heard on May 20th. I am going up against 5 police offericers that lied in their statements & reports. The police lawyer is a high profile Seattle attorney & he asked the court to dismisss my case. The judge said no, that there was enough evidence to show that there was misconduct on the part of the police & that I was hadicapped & elderly, so there was no reason to handcuff me on the ground & put an assualt rifle at my head. No lawyer wants to touch this case & I contacted about 100. Too many mistakes by the former lawyer I paid in full thru trial, then she dropped me after filing my suit in a Superior court. & the police lawyer moved it to Federal court. This is a mess, but I won't give up. The dispatcher made an error when she reported that I had a gun & was going to kill people. I never owned a gun & police never found a gun. I had been out searching for my daughter that had run away & the guy that picked her up at 4am called police to say I was coming over to his house. There is no mention of a gun in the 911 call, but dispatcher reported this to police anyway.

I have to meet with a mediator before May 15th, 2013 and pay half of the cost. Do I have to have the police lawyer there? Can I met with meditor alone, or in another room? I don't like him as he has helped police lie & told me he will sue me for the cost of this trial when they win. Can he? I was told it couold cost up to $300,000. He is bringing in a "expert" witness [$200 per hour plus expenses] who only read the false reports from the police. Plus his $300-$500 per hour & expenses. If I lose, I will lose my perfect credit, my home.....but I have to do what is right. I now have PTSD & very afraid of police, haven't seen my only child in 3 1/2 years. I can't drop this case as I have to live with this. I use to think I had a 1-2% chance of winning, but I now think maybe 50-50% because the judge said this should mbe heard by a jury. If I lose, will I have to pay their lawyer? Can I declare

bankruptcy to remove this legal debt?? I have never done this before, Is there any lawyer out there that can take this case here in Seattle? I have paid out thousands already, but can still afford to hire someone to help me