TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Licensed to Practice Law

Yesterday when I was driving on the parkway and this guy started

Yesterday when I was driving on the parkway and this guy started yelling at me and blowing his horn and slamming on brakes in front of me at first i thought it was just road rage then when I got home i saw some huge scratches on my back bumper so now I'm thinking he hit me from the back and was trying to tell me to stop but i kept going. Now i don't know what to do dont even know if we actually hit each other, like i said we were both going at least 65 so i was thinking how would the only damage be one pretty big scratch and one tiny one. What will happen if they get a warrant for my arrest also its a rental car from hertz and got the extra insurance will i have to pay for the scratches or covered
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

Based on what you wrote, I don't see any reason that you would be arrested. It doesn't appear that a crime was committed. First, you wrote that the other driver would have hit you (not the other way around), so you would not be guilty of a hit & run. Second, even if you had hit the other car, you would not be guilty of a hit & run unless you knew what occurred and purposely drove away.

As for the insurance, it sounds like the damage should be covered, though I can't say for certain since I haven't read the policy and whether it has exclusions. If I were you, I'd just tell Hertz that you are unsure how the damage occurred, but that you are certain that you did not cause the damage. I would then tell them that you are expecting the extra insurance to cover the repairs. That puts the ball in their court.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, your positive feedback is much appreciated.

Thank you for using our service!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks so let's just say he got my license plate number and called the cops, wouldn't they say i left the scene of an accident
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again.

You wrote that if there were a collision, it would have been the other driver who hit you. Moreover, you were unaware of a collision at the time and had no idea why you were being signaled. Under those circumstances, you would not be guilty of a crime.

Does that help? Please let me know if you need further clarification, as I am happy to continue assisting you.

Thank you for using our service!
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience: Licensed to Practice Law