CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I just purchased a car from carmax.

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I just purchased a car from carmax. Carmax claims that there are 125 point inspections done on all of their vehicles. My 4 day of driving the car my check engine light came on as well as the warning light. The type of car that I purchased was a Volvo s60. The vehicle had a certificate in the glove compartment advising that a 125 point inspection had been done on the car. I fell this obviously was not done. The vehicles RPMS jumped sporadically when I drove. Can I sue

William B. Esq. :

Dear Customer, while an inspection prior to a sale does not guarantee that the vehicle is defect free, a problem with the car that would have been obvious in an inspection had it been done, or that was not disclosed following the inspection, would create grounds to file suit under either fraud or breach of contract (or both as alternate causes of action). You should check your sales contract to see what your dispute resolution rights are (usually there are specific terms and obligations for each side, such as a requirement to engage in mediation or arbitration prior to filing a lawsuit), and this will help you know how to proceed next. The same clause will also tell you whether you would be entitled to attorney's fees in the event you are the prevailing party.

I do hope the above is helpful, and I wish you the best of luck in resolving this matter. If you have any questions please let me know. Best regards, Bill.

Customer: Thank you very much for this helpful information.
William B. Esq. :

You are welcome, I do hope that it is helpful. Thank you again for using our service and thank you for your time. Best regards, Bill.