CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.

Collegiate Trademark Law. I have drawn a map that includes

Collegiate Trademark Law. I have drawn a map that includes the downtown and adjacent college campus buildings. This map is drawn in the college’s color, but does not show other identifying elements of that college (e.g. no college name, mascot, logo, crest indicated). Without making a licensing agreement with the college, would selling this map on violate collegiate trademark laws?

William B. Esq. :

Dear Customer, a map that you have independently drawn does not constitute a trademark violation. The fact that the map includes areas other than the college, downtown and surrounding areas will further any defense in the unlikely event that an independently drawn map in some way is trademarked.

I hope the above is helpful, and I wish you the best with your business venture. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask. Best regards, Bill.

Thank you very much! This is very helpful.