JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney
Experience:  Explains legal matters based on 14+ years experience.
14211116

My ex girlfriend was cheating on me and tried contacting her

My ex girlfriend was cheating on me and tried contacting her on several occasions. And now she has sent an Notice to cease contact to me and if i try to contact her she will take further action.
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thank you for your question!

I am sorry to learn of the circumstances you've described. So that I may better assist, please clarify: what is your actual question that you'd like assistance with? What information are you seeking from JustAnswer?

~~ J.B.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I received a legal notice to cease all communication. I was cheated by a girl after 2 and half years of relationship with someone who she was telling as a friend all this while and as a loyal partner i kept helping her through her problems. I have helped her financially and emotionally all this while. When I needed some help from her she chose infidelity and started cheating on me. She contacted me to say sorry for dumping me but i later came to know that cheating was real reason for it. I tried contacting her on several occasions but she never responded. Now i have been sent a Notice to cease all the communication.

Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX that part. What I do not understand, however, is what is your question? If she wants you to stop contacting her, then you have to stop contacting her, right?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I want to know if there is any law for me take any action for infidelity. Are loyal people always get grilled in this country.

Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that important clarification. That is very helpful.

The answer to your question is that there is no legal action that you can take against her for cheating on you.

What she did is immoral but not illegal. Even if you had been married at the time, the only thing you could do is file for divorce -- nothing more.

I am very sorry for the break up of your relationship and how you were treated. It's most unfortunate. However, no legal action can be taken over it under the current laws.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

~~ J.B.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have a last question for you. I have received a notice to cease communication. Will it affect my career while applying for job. I am a young graduate and will it be considered as felony and show up in my job background check.

Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 1 year ago.
That notice will not affect your career.

If you do continue to contact her, however, you could be charged with criminal harassment -- then that would affect your job search.

Right now, you're fine. Just don't contact her anymore.

~~ J.B.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What if she ever tries to contact me somewhere in future will i still be charged?

Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 1 year ago.
No, not at all.

~~ J.B.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your answers. I will never have any relationship in my life ever.

Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 1 year ago.
You are most welcome. Sorry that things ended this way. At least she can't hurt you anymore.

Please do not forget to click on excellent service feedback so that we are credited for assisting you.

~~ J.B.
JB Umphrey, Attorney
Experience: Explains legal matters based on 14+ years experience.