Thomas Swartz
Thomas Swartz, Attorney
Experience:  Twenty one years experience as a lawyer in New York and New Jersey. Former Appellate Law Clerk.

Do I have to disclose how many times I was married when apply

Do I have to disclose how many times I was married when apply for a marriage licenses in Pa?
What will happen I'd I disclose the incorrect times of marriage could I still get married?

When applying for a marriage license you only have to provide a copy of the divorce decree of the last most recent marriage. Some PA counties may require a certified copy of the divorce decree while others may only require a photocopy of the divorce decree. You should check with your particular county for the details on this. You don't have to disclose all prior marriage, you only have to show that the last marriage was legally dissolved.

I will add the following however. Although while only proof of the dissolution of the last marriage is required at the time of application, if any of the other previous marriages were not legally dissolved through divorce or death, you future spouse could potentially claim that the marriage was not valid, because you were still married if any previous marriage was not legally dissolved.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I live in Montgomery County, Pa. So I only have to present my last divorce paper when I really for a marriage licenses and if they ask "how many times were you married?" I can say twice when in actually it was 4., and that wouldn't be a problem.
I don't believe they are going to ask you it in this way. They are only concerned whether or not you are married at the time you are applying for the license. So, so long as you provide evidence that your last marriage was legally dissolved, you will be all right. If they do happen to ask "how many times were you married?", I would simply respond that your last marriage was legally dissolved, and provide them a copy of the divorce decree.