Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

In the state of Maryland if you ca buy or own a gun do the

Customer Question

In the state of Maryland if you ca buy or own a gun do the police have the right to tell you that you can not carry a gun?
Expert:  Sam replied 3 years ago.
"Hi

Thank you for this question. I am the Professional who will provide your information in this regard

To carry a firearm in Maryland you must have a Right to Carry Permit. To get this, you must apply via the Maryland State Police. Recently a court ruling which said that the qualifications for a permit were unconstitutional has been reversed by a Appellate Court

So, to answer your question of "do the police have the right to tell you that you can not carry a gun" The ANSWER is YES.

I am sorry that Maryland gun laws are so tough for the law abiding, taxpayer. I don't make the laws, however. Also, thank you for your military service. I wish it was better news regarding guns in this state.

Remember, I can only answer and provide true and correct information for what you ask. I look forward to a follow up or your Good to Excellent rating.

Thank you and good luck