Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992

After filing my complaint to the post office then I can sue

Customer Question

After filing my complaint to the post office then I can sue them? They are not to reveal any information about me. Just because I get my mail at a certain address does not mean anybody can find that out unless police or courts are involved. This is hurting me directly because I am on probation and have my own home improvements business. Can I sue for anything , because this is putting my name down and I worked so hard to get my name back good with society. Iam trying to give back to the community and this is not right. Ineed help with this. I need to find a lawyer to represent me. Can I sue the company that owns the park? Can I sue the USP for breaking the privacy act?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 3 years ago.

JD 1992 :

There is really no cause of action against the park that requested the information although, theoretically, if they then distributed the material that they illegally obtained there might be a cause of action for that.

JD 1992 :

You could likely sue the USPS for revealing the information assuming that you could prove that they provided information as opposed to the company finding out some other way.

JD 1992 :

As I mentioned in the other response, it is going to be hard to find an attorney that will take the case on a %, you are probably going to have to pay them by the hour or a fee to get them to take the case.

JD 1992 :

However, if you win your case you can ask that the other side repay you for the attorney's fees you already paid.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 3 years ago.
Why would you issue a poor service rating? I answered your questions promptly and correctly.