TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
17219180

what in order happens nextxamination of defendant , such as

Customer Question

what in order happens nextxamination of defendant , such as closing remarks , cross examinations ? per after defendant's attorney questione his client, and commences entering expenses per orders, twhen the magistrate stoped the rtial at 4:30pm
Expert:  TexLaw replied 1 year ago.
After the defense "rests" his case, then the next thing that happens is rebuttal.

This is an opportunity to call any new witnesses to rebut a fact which Defendant proved during his case which you did not have an opportunity to address in your case.

If you don't have any rebuttal, then the next thing that happens is the Jury Charge conference. This will be where the court decides what the jury charge will be. You will need to have your proposed charge ready.

After that, the next thing is the closing arguments.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

waht is a jury charge? there is no jury simply the magistrate.

I'm steppoing out for dinner.

talk to ya later

thank you for your patinence. no spell check on this laptop

Expert:  TexLaw replied 1 year ago.
ok. If there is no jury, then don't worry about the jury charge as it won't come into play in your case.

So, the next thing that will happen is the closing arguments.
TexLaw, Attorney
Experience: Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

please tell what is to be said in closing arguments? may any documents be entered at this last segment? Then how fast might a magistrate order contempt and how enforcment is paid? point there is only 1 1/2 hour alloted for the next trail date, i cant believe it all will be accomplished in that short of time obviously it s a delay tactic by the defense , and the judger or the magistrate allowed the defense to set the trail date,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

please tell what is to be said in closing arguments? may any documents be entered at this last segment? Then how fast might a magistrate order contempt and how enforecment is paid? point there is only 1 1/2 hour alloted for the next trail date, i cant believe it all will be accomplished in that short of time obviously it s a delay tactic by the defense , and the judger or the magistrate allowed the defense to set the trail date,

Expert:  TexLaw replied 1 year ago.
Closing arguments are the final arguments. In it, you need to explain what your case is about and what you have established. You cannot introduce anything new, you have to argue about what has already been introduced and what was established in the testimony during the trial. The closing arguments should not take very long. After you make the arguments, the judge will then decide the case. The judge can take as long as he needs to decide the case. Once he decides the case, he will issue a judgment. The judgment may be enforced if not appealed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

does the general magisatrATE HEARING CLOSING ARGUMENT THE TIME TO ISSUE THE JUDGEMENT OR IS JUDGEMENT REFEERED BACK UP TO THE PRESIDING JUDGE?

Expert:  TexLaw replied 1 year ago.
The magistrate writes a recommendation for the judgment which then has to be approved by the presiding judge. However, for your purposes, you should consider the magistrate as the person who is going to decide your case.