TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
17219180

Hi there I went to emergency room a month ago complaining

Customer Question

Hi there
I went to emergency room a month ago complaining from right abdominal pain and after they scanned me by a city's can they told me that I have ovarian cyst and they gave me some pain killer
Then they told me that I have to contact my midwife to get treated then my midwife told me that I don't have ovarian cyst in my right side the place I have pain the result showed that I have it on my left side after she read the medical report from them and she told me I have to go to emergency room again to find out what's wrong on my right side but I couldn't go to emergency because I was flying overseas to Jordan the day after and when I arrived there (Jordan ) they took me immediately to emergency room and I was checked from internal MD and he told me that my apandis has bad infection and I have to do urgent surgery and there is no ovarian cyst not on my right not on my left

So they did 2 mistakes with me the first one they told me that I have ovarian cyst and I didn't have and the second one they told me ur apandis is fine once it wasn't and it could be crashed in my tommy and I dnt know

My question is can I sue them ?
What can I do to get my right?
What is the process that I have to start with ?
Do you think I ll win the case ?
Did u have a similar cases ?
What would u name this kind of case ?
Do you think the low ll be beside me?

I have been hurt emotionally and physically
Please answer me ASAP

Note:- I have a medical report from the hospital here and other medical report from the Surgeon who did the surgery

Sandy XXX@XXXXXX.XXX XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Expert:  TexLaw replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I'm very sorry to hear about your situation.

A lawsuit for medical malpractice is only actionable when there is damages which are caused by the negligence. There must be an actual injury other than pain and suffering for which you are suing.

In your case, your appendix problem was discovered by another doctor. Are you able to point to any exact injury that you incurred because the first doctors who looked at you did not locate your appendix problem immediately?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I do have and it's written in my medical. Report from my surgeon
Expert:  TexLaw replied 1 year ago.
Let me be clear, it appears that the first doctor misdiagnosed the appendix problem. However, your doctors later found the problem and were able to operate on it. This alone does not form a basis for a medical malpractice claim unless you can show that there would have been a different outcome had the first doctor correctly diagnosed the problem.

Can you explain how the outcome would have been different?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you please ask your question in deferent way so I can answer u ? Because I don't understand what u mean or what u want
Expert:  TexLaw replied 1 year ago.
Certainly, did the fact that the first doctor misdiagnosed your appendix problem cause you any injury? If so, what was the injury?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My appendix was inflamed with fibrotic in its distal third denoting previous attack of appendicitis
And that put my life in more danger but because of them my situation got worst ..... When I went there the first time it was just infection in my appendix but in this 20 days from the time I was checked by them till the time I went to Jordan my situation was worst

Did I answer u or u needed something else ?
Expert:  TexLaw replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for explaining that.

A medical malpractice claim is what you have. These type of claims are very very complicated and are difficult to win. In order to prove the claim, you will need to hire an attorney. Often, it is difficult to find an attorney to take your case if you do not have high damages.

In this case, you will have to prove that you would have had to remove your appendix anyway. This will require testimony from a doctor, which you have to pay for. So, you will want to find an attorney who is willing to pay this expense up front.

I cannot really tell how good a case you have because I need to see you and look at your medical records before making that kind of determination.

But you definitely have a potential claim. What you need to do is contact "medical malpractice attorneys" in your area (you can simply google "medical malpractice attorneys and (City Name)" to find some near you. I would encourage you to make appointments for a case evaluation with several attorneys as it may take some searching to find one to take your case.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am compensated by the website for my work on your question. Rating does not cause an additional charge and will not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Best Regards,
ZDN
TexLaw, Attorney
Experience: Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank u for ur answers I just want ur advice from ir experience do u think its worth to work on it or it hopeless to win ?

I wanted to sue them to protect other people life because in my case I knew what's wrong with me but maybe other people would be in dangour because of their mistakes
Expert:  TexLaw replied 1 year ago.
I really cannot tell you whether you have a case or not. I would have to personally look at the medical records.

However, I can tell you that misdiagnosed appendicitis cases are often the subject of medical malpractice claims, but these often involve serious repercussions which result from the missed diagnosis, such as death or permanent disability. If you do not have any resulting permanent disability, then your case will not be very strong.