BizAttorney
BizAttorney, Attorney
Experience:  Over 12 years of business and legal experience.
13790199

8/23/00 I invested in Office Tower Internet 12 LLP and Saratoga

8/23/00 I invested in Office Tower Internet 12 LLP and Saratoga Springs Internet LLP thru Sterling Trust. I never received a dime and no one seems to know where our money went. I was so frustrated in '03 that I thru most of the information away so I have no contact names except for the accountant (Dan L Van Liere) who advised me to invest. This was an Rollover IRA account. I am out $72,000.00 can someone advise if this was a Ponzi scheme or what I can do to get the money back? My email isXXX@XXXXXX.XXX or phone XXX-XXX-XXXX
Expert:  BizAttorney replied 1 year ago.

BizAttorney :

Good evening! I can help you out with your legal question tonight. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Yes, first you need to find out if those two LLP's are still around. If they took your money and did not disclose the risk or invest it the way they said, then they could be criminally liable.

BizAttorney :

You can go to a local attorney, who will search the records for the two companies and see if they are still in business.

BizAttorney :

Your attorney may also get the Secretary of State involved. This would be good for you since then the state can fund the litigation against the two companies. In this situation it is better to let someone else pay. You will just need to get them involved.

Customer:

I found out in 2003 that they were a scam and the money was gone

BizAttorney :

I'm sorry. Since it was ten years ago, there won't be much you can do now. Why did you wait to file a suit or do something now about it?

BizAttorney :

I fear you have waited too long.

Customer:

This was in MI and I live in IN now, do I need to contact Secretary of State and attorney in MI?

BizAttorney :

Yes, it would be the Michigan SOS.

BizAttorney :

They may even have a fund that is there to pay back investors who were defrauded.

BizAttorney :

I lived in IN for three years and I know they have one. MI law is similar to IN's.

Customer:

I did not know there was anything that could be done until I recently started reading about Ponzi schemes

BizAttorney :

I understand. Yes, contact the MI Secretary of State's office and see what they can do. Don't hire a local attorney yet.

Customer:

ok, I will contact them tomorrow to see if there was ever a fund set up.

BizAttorney :

Sounds great. I wish you the best of luck!!

BizAttorney :

Please leave me feedback before you go so that I can continue to help others. Have a good night!

Customer:

thank you, XXXXX XXXXX contact the accountant too because he invested and may know if there was a fund?

BizAttorney :

Yes, you should call him too to get any information you can, but definitely call the Secretary of State.

Customer:

Thank you and good night. I am giving you an "excellent"

BizAttorney :

Thank you so much!

Customer:

night, thank you

BizAttorney, Attorney
Experience: Over 12 years of business and legal experience.