TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs

If Im a corporation and our landlord wants us to personally

If I'm a corporation and our landlord wants us to personally guarantee the lease will be paid does that put us in a situation that if we are sued by someone who has an injury in our store where they could come after the corporation and us? If the lease is just in the corporate name could they come after us personally?

Thank you for your question.

A personal guarantee on the payment of rent will not expose you to third-party liability for personal injuries on the premises. The only party that will remain liable for that is the corporation and the landlord (potentially).

Please let me know if you have any questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am compensated for my work by the website. Rating does not cause an additional charge and will not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Best Regards,