Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in both state and federal court.
45002201

I had a contract as a 1099 provider until dec 21. They then

I had a contract as a 1099 provider until dec 21. They then changed my status to W-2 with pay rate change and added paid vacation no other benefits. I repeatedly asked for a contract to sign but I have never received one. Do I have to give notice to quit. I gave notice two weeks ago for may 8 but my new employer wants me to start earlier. So I changed my quit date to April 18. I live in Arizona

TexLawyer :

Good evening. I'll be assisting you with your question.

TexLawyer :

Just so I have this correct, there is no employment contract currently in place with this employer, correct?

TexLawyer :

If that is correct, then you are under no obligation to give a certain amount of notice.

TexLawyer :

Without a contractual obligation to your current employer, you are not bound by any restrictions on how you depart, and how long you have to give notice.

TexLawyer :

If they had a contract with you, you would be bound by its terms and could be sued for leaving without the proper notice. But, since they didn't have you sign one, you aren't bound by anything.

Customer: No contract for the new W-2 agreement. They told me w he phone what it would be but I have nothing in writing
TexLawyer :

If you haven't signed anything, you don't have anything to worry about.

Customer: Thank you so much!,, I will sleep better
TexLawyer :

Glad to help!

TexLawyer :

Can I do anything else for you?

Customer: No you really helped you are a blessing Susan
TexLawyer :

My pleasure.

TexLawyer :

If there isn't anything else I can do for you, please remember to "rate" my answer. Good luck.