Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

my husband was killed in an atv accident 6yrs ago and i just

my husband was killed in an atv accident 6yrs ago and i just found out he has 2,0000 accidential from farm bureau of nc. they are telling me i cant claim it as its been to long ..even thou i just discovered the policy 2 mo. ago..please advise ..should i go forth with this and can u help? thank you georgia pantelis

JD 1992 :

I can provide information to you but we don't actually represent people on this site. Do you have questions you'd like for me to answer?

Customer:

can u tell me what the statue of limitations are under these curmstances

JD 1992 :

The statute of limitations on suing for the accident would be three years and would also be three years for suing the insurance company. However, it would be three years from the time they denied the claim not three years from the date he was killed so they are incorrect.

JD 1992 :

Go to a local lawyer and ask them to write a letter for you to the insurance company explaining why they are wrong.

JD 1992 :

They won't charge you much, if anything, to do this.

Customer:

thank you so much..thats what i need to know.

JD 1992 :

Don't delay! These insurance companies are low class, they should just pay you your money.

JD 1992 :

And you're very welcome.

JD 1992 :

Please ask any follow up questions in this thread. When all of your questions have been answered, then I would ask that you give a Positive Rating (of course I'd suggest Excellent) since that is the only way I get credit for my work and also please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. When looking at the answer I ask you to bear in mind I can’t control what the law is and whether it helps you, I can only tell you what it says, and I assume you want truthful information. Also, issuing a positive rating keeps the question from “timing out” so you can return in the future if you think of a follow up.

However, please do not issue a rating of any kind until all of your questions have been answered and please use the Reply button to ask additional questions or to provide answers to my questions.

Customer:

thanks