LADYLAWYER
LADYLAWYER, Lawyer
Experience:  Civil; Family; HOA; Landlord/Tenant; Real Estate; Probate; Insurance; Immigration; Wills & Trusts
7887522

I have been approached by Outdoor Hub about joining their youtube

I have been approached by Outdoor Hub about joining their youtube network. Here is a link to the contract
https://rightsignature.com/documents/HHLRH7I4NK8L3HEIDHNDGJ/parties/WFUNNPJAXJGSICHPRL5Y9J/signatures/new

Would you advise me to sign this contract or do this give them to much control over my accounts?
Expert:  LADYLAWYER replied 1 year ago.

LADYLAWYER :

Hello! I have reviewed the contract. What are you getting out of this deal?

LADYLAWYER :

I see some things about advertising and messaging, but it is not clear what benefits you will receive from the contract. The benefits they will receive, however, are quite clear.

Customer:

They claim to broker specific advertising from outdoor companies. I get revenue from 2 sources Auction sold ads that are simply people buying time on random videos and from reserve sold ads from people that specifically want to advertise on my videos. right now I only earn about 7% of my earning through RSA. They claim they can improve that.

LADYLAWYER :

Thank you.

LADYLAWYER :

I cannot find much information about them online; however, if I was your attorney, and I am not, I would like to see more about what they are promising you in the contract. That being said, the contract does afford you the right to back out of it after 90 days during a 15 day review period window. So it may be worth a try to see if you like the company and if they are making good on their promises, and if not, you can void the contract between days 91-105.

LADYLAWYER :

Otherwise, the contract will renew yearly UNLESS you provide them notice of termination IN WRITING a full 10 days ahead of the date the contract is set to renew. This is called an evergreen clause. I doubt they will send you notice of the renewal, so you just need to be aware that it will renew automatically if you don't cancel it.

LADYLAWYER :

With regard to your original question, the contractual terms are standard, if not better, than what other companies of a similar nature in this industry generally afford. Like I said, I would like to see a little more protection for you (e.g., we will provide you with x,y and z and if we don't, you may void the contract) but it is not unilaterally written in their favor. Plus, the ninety day review period makes this an easy way to see if they can make good on what they have promised to you, and if not, affords you an easy escape.

LADYLAWYER :

If you have any further questions, I am happy to answer them! If not, would you kindly leave me a positive rating? It costs you nothing further to do but it does allow the site to compensate me for my time. Thank you kindly!

Customer:

It's not letting my leave a rating.

Customer:

Full Size Image

LADYLAWYER :

Thanks so much for letting me know--you're awesome! I was able to have technical support fix it and it should be working now. :)

LADYLAWYER, Lawyer
Experience: Civil; Family; HOA; Landlord/Tenant; Real Estate; Probate; Insurance; Immigration; Wills & Trusts