Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
18572087

TO Demitry Esquire:QUESTIONS:1) Could you refer to

Customer Question

TO Demitry Esquire: QUESTIONS: 1) Could you refer to attorneys who specialize on stolen personal property. I've given you all the details regarding the jewelries taken from me. I just lost my job last week and this missing valuables followed. 2) Can you refer me to attorneys who would take my case on contingency basis. I am 72 years old who receives a monthly social security check of $978.00, barely enough to pay the daily needs . I have a lot of medical problems which I need to take medications on daily basis. 3) What category of lawyer would I consider. Example: If I consider filing a case against Empty Attic, Mike's employer. The missing jewelries occurred in their premises overnight and Mike had the key to the truck. He didn't give me the key so I know he can't dispose or take anything from the truck that night. I saw that truck the next day. I would really appreciate if you help me in filing the criminal case. Those jewelries helped me through the years financially, since whenever I would need money, I would sell or pawn 1-2 pieces. Also, I need to mention these facts regarding these jewelries. I can prove that these jewelries existed more than 10 years now. There are 5-7 pawnshops I go to to pawn these items. It can be established and can be proven that I really have them. In fact, I have taken ongoing loans in 5 pawnshops and approximately I owe approximately $10,000.00. I just pay interests on due date and the principal still stands. I made copies of the loan tickets of the different pawnshops. Do you think revealing this and present it as evidence. That I claim I have these possession of jewelries for a long time but was taken away from me that Wednesday night. And I have a witness that I showed these 24Karats of gold and she estimated the box I showed her is valued around $100,000.00. Please reply to my inquiries. Desperately yours, Cora XXXX

Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your follow-up, Cora. Please let me respond in order listed.

1) Could you refer to attorneys who specialize on stolen personal property. I've given you all the details regarding the jewelries taken from me. I just lost my job last week and this missing valuables followed.
I personally cannot make referrals as that is a limitation on this site. What I can suggest is that you browse the listings at www.avvo.com and www.martindle.com that specialize in civil litigation, general practice, and potential some criminal defense in your area.

2) Can you refer me to attorneys who would take my case on contingency basis. I am 72 years old who receives a monthly social security check of $978.00, barely enough to pay the daily needs . I have a lot of medical problems which I need to take medications on daily basis.
My apologies but please see above, you would need to negotiate with attorneys yourself, I cannot really act as a go-between.

3) What category of lawyer would I consider. Example: If I consider filing a case against Empty Attic, Mike's employer. The missing jewelries occurred in their premises overnight and Mike had the key to the truck. He didn't give me the key so I know he can't dispose or take anything from the truck that night. I saw that truck the next day.
This is a civil litigation issue that most general practice attorneys would be able to handle. The criminal defense background would come in handy for communicating with the DA and potentially getting them to pursue charges for you.

I would really appreciate if you help me in filing the criminal case. Those jewelries helped me through the years financially, since whenever I would need money, I would sell or pawn 1-2 pieces.

Also, I need to mention these facts regarding these jewelries. I can prove that these jewelries existed more than 10 years now. There are 5-7 pawnshops I go to to pawn these items. It can be established and can be proven that I really have them. In fact, I have taken ongoing loans in 5 pawnshops and approximately I owe approximately $10,000.00. I just pay interests on due date and the principal still stands. I made copies of the loan tickets of the different pawnshops.
Do you think revealing this and present it as evidence. That I claim I have these possession of jewelries for a long time but was taken away from me that Wednesday night.
My apologies but simply shows that you have had them at one point and that you have a financial interest, it does not show that you had them even 2 weeks ago, and it does not tie the other parties to show that they took the jewelry.

And I have a witness that I showed these 24Karats of gold and she estimated the box I showed her is valued around $100,000.00.
Unless this witness saw the other person take the items, that is really not very useful as information, I am sorry. It simply proves that you had the items at one point, but to get to a claim that would tie the others into taking it is a separate issue.

Good luck.