JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney
Experience:  Explains legal matters based on 14+ years experience.

Hi I have a question I replied to a Craigslist ad in the personal

Hi I have a question I replied to a Craigslist ad in the personal casual encounters section. THe ad said single male 47 but he had some very strange pictures that I didnt even take the time to look at, and now Im wondering if it may of been a sting operation of some sort?
He is legal age but there was one picture on his ad that was sort of wierd. Have you ever heard of anything like this?
Welcome and thank you for your question!

What you've described may or may not have been a sting operation. It has been documented that pretty much well anything goes in the casual encounters section and anything is possible. See, for example,

Here is the most important question: in your reply/contacts, did you ever discuss the exchange of money?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, money was never discussed and I can send you a link to the cl ad if you want to see it. The CL ad is still posted. There are no actual nude pictures on the ad but some of the pics are very strange.

Thank you.

If there, so far, has been no discussion about money, then there is no reason for it to be considered to be a sting. The person is simply strange and gets their kicks from being strange.

You have to be concerned about a sting only when the conversation goes to the exchange of money.

It's not illegal to be strange. It is illegal to exchange money for sex.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

~~ J.B.