Zachary
Zachary, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs

Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX disabled and receive food stamps i

Customer Question

Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX disabled and receive food stamps i just went to a local pizza res turant and at this moment i feel like a black person straight out of the 30s i payed half cash and half with food stamps with my boyfriend any how we were told we had to leave because we used food stamps is this discrimination and note i did pay half in cash.. besides i would have taken my pizza home and cooked it anyhow so much for enjoying a nice walk and eating out not to mention i feel like a low life and really wasnt counting on walking home with paper plates and a pizza box in hand...isnt this totally un called for?and is this legal???
Expert:  Zachary replied 1 year ago.

What state are you in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I live in Rosburg Washington State

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Washington State

Expert:  Zachary replied 1 year ago.
I'm bound by my duties as a lawyer to give you an honest and correct answer even when that answer may not be what you want to hear.

Washington State law establishes where food stamps may be used. The law does not allow for a restaurant to accept food stamps.

Unfortunately, this would mean that there was no discrimination which took place and there is no legal remedy for you in this situation. I understand this may not have been what you wanted to hear, but please don't "shoot the messenger".

Please let me know if you have any questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am compensated by the website for my work on your question. Rating does not cause an additional charge and will not prevent us from further working together on your questions.

Best Regards,
ZDN
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK I KNOW FOR A FACT YOU CAN USE FOOD STAMPS IN MANY PIZZA AND EVEN FRED MYERE DELI WINCO DELI AND LITTLE CESARS SO ON AND SO

Expert:  Zachary replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry you are not happy with my answer.

If you know of a restaurant which is accpeting your EBT card, then they are violating the law. The law states that the card/food stamps may not be accepted for prepared/hot foods. This means that it is not for use in a restaurant.

Now, if the store allows you to take the pizza, etc. and bake it at home, then they can accept your food stamps. However, that does not mean that you have a right to use food stamps in any restaurant.

You have not been discriminated against.

Good Luck,
ZDN
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

than they are breaking the law thank-you for that and you must remember i did pay over 70 percent cash so now what big brother should know what there doing cause thats abuse and a drain to our system.....OMG LOL........

Expert:  Zachary replied 1 year ago.
Again, sorry you are not happy with the answer. The rating is for the quality of my answer, not to show your displeasure with the law. I'm not sure why you are rating my service as bad.

I'm certain that you wouldn't want me to lie to you and tell you had a case when you don't. I'm not against you in this matter and am just trying to help you. I don't want you to waste your time trying to press a discrimination charge.
Zachary, Attorney
Experience: Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
Expert:  Zachary replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for changing your mind. Please let me know if there is any other information I can provide to you.

Best of Luck,
ZDN