Zachary
Zachary, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
17219180

My company is planning to use some art or pictures of scenery

Customer Question

My company is planning to use some art or pictures of scenery from the internet that people have posted. I want to create them and present them in Hand Silk Embroidery for wall art?
As I understand that some maybe for free down load and some you must pay for? Once I have payed for a register download am I able to use this in the way I have indicated?
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello please continue. Thanks
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.

Regards,
Wendy
Expert:  Zachary replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question.

When you say that you are going to reproduce the photograph in Hand Silk Embroidery, are you going to be doing the embroidery yourself or will it be an exact duplication of the photograph?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will be working through an overseas company that is experienced in Hand Silk Embroidery.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will be working through an overseas company that is experienced in Hand Silk Embroidery. It will be duplicated or similar?
Expert:  Zachary replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. You will need to contact the copyright owner and specifically request permission and license to do this. If you are going to commercially distribute this, then you need to notify them, as this will need to be considered when granting you a license.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am compensated by the website for my work on your question. Rating does not cause an additional charge and will not prevent us from further working together on your questions.

Best Regards,
ZDN
Zachary, Attorney
Experience: Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have a further question on the same subject? there is some websites that host pictures for photographers. They have many that are royalty free? I have purchased one picture from the royalty free list and downloaded. It says that I can use this for whatever for commercial etc and produce up to 500,000 times? My use is a little different as outlined. I am going to use parts and do in Silk Embroidery? Do I still need to contact the copyright owner?

Expert:  Zachary replied 1 year ago.
No, in this case, you have already purchased the rights to use it for whatever commercial purpose you want, which includes reconfiguring it into a silk embroidery. However, if you are going to invest a lot of money in this effort, it would be prudent to contact the copyright owner and get specific written confirmation that the proposed use is allowed under the license.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thankyou. This is a lot clearer now.

Expert:  Zachary replied 1 year ago.
No problem. Good Luck with your Endeavor!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear Sir,

As we are moving further ahead with our project we have purchased images under terms from Dreamstime and Shutterstock under Print extended Licence and Enhanced licences. In order to describe the images when they have been recreated in Silk Embroidery I have gained some text from Wikipedia. please confirm that this is gained under Creative Commons and I can use this as long as I attribute it as text sourced from Wikipedia on my website? I am also intending to attribute the original images on the website?

Expert:  Zachary replied 1 year ago.
As long as you reference the fact that you are quoting Wikipedia, and you are putting quotations around the quoted text, you will be fine.

Zachary, Attorney
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for that. As I was checking your answer on my phone I think I was charged another $18.00 instead of the bonus? If this is correct all is OK?

Best Regards

Expert:  Zachary replied 1 year ago.

Looks like you were charged another amount for the answer rather than a bonus. The website keeps less of a bonus. However, either way is fine.

Thanks for your business and please do not hesitate to contact me should you need any further information.

Best Regards,
ZDN