LADYLAWYER
LADYLAWYER, Lawyer
Experience:  Civil; Family; HOA; Landlord/Tenant; Real Estate; Probate; Insurance; Immigration; Wills & Trusts

Hi, The Commissioner hearing my Smalls Claims case didnt look

Customer Question

Hi, The Commissioner hearing my Smalls Claims case didn't look at crucial evidence, specifically receipts and explanation of the costs to repair the area of my mouth the dentist I was suing damaged by bludgeoning it with a mallet.

Although, the Commissioner did award me the reimbursement of the dentist's fees nothing for repairing the damage. It's as if she were more interested in making it time for lunch. In researching I found forms SC-105 and SC-108, are these appropriate for requesting a reconsideration with the ability to submit the evidence she didn't even look at? If so, what would be the time limit on filing?

Thanks
Expert:  LADYLAWYER replied 1 year ago.

LADYLAWYER :

Hello!

LADYLAWYER :

SC-108 is a Motion To Correct Or Cancel and SC-105 is a Request For Court Order and Answer. Either of these will achieve what a Motion for Reconsideration is. Generally speaking, you have 30 days to file a Motion to Vacate or to file an appeal. The time frame for filing the SC-105/SC-108 is that same 30 days, however, I would not wait.

LADYLAWYER :

If you have any further questions, I am most happy to answer them! I strive for an excellent customer service rating, so if you need any additional help with this, just let me know. If not, would you kindly consider a positive rating for me at this time? It costs you nothing further to do but it does allow the site to compensate me for helping you. Thanks!

LADYLAWYER, Lawyer
Experience: Civil; Family; HOA; Landlord/Tenant; Real Estate; Probate; Insurance; Immigration; Wills & Trusts
Expert:  LADYLAWYER replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  LADYLAWYER replied 1 year ago.

Hi Arbella,

I was happy to answer your question for you and I see that you have viewed the answer but have not yet rated or replied. If you need further assistance, please let me know. Even after you leave a rating, you are free to come back to this question and ask follow ups of me at no additional charge--whether it is today or a year from now. However, I would ask that you please leave a positive rating for me at this time as that is the only way the site pays the experts here. This costs you nothing further to do. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi again, Sorry but my son clicked on the chat when I wasn't looking and thank you for your response.

Is my request valid and does "Reconsideration of the judgment to include remedial treatment and pain and suffering" sound okay for the request?

Thank you very much and will definitely leave an excellent feedback.

Expert:  LADYLAWYER replied 1 year ago.

Hi again :)

Yes, but I would say, "Reconsideration of the judgment to include damages for remedial treatment and pain and suffering."