WALLSTREETFIGHTER
WALLSTREETFIGHTER, Attorney
Experience:  14 years experience in representing clients, current member of legalshield, legal club of america, NYSUT and UFT attorney
16356563

I have a judgement placed against me from the Common Wealth

I have a judgement placed against me from the Common Wealth of Virginia; and I actually live in the state of Maryland. My son and I have the same name with the exception of Jr and Sr.; the judgement placede against me is actually associated with my son, as I was in Federal Prisom at the time of the incident. Can you tell me how I can challange this judgement to have my MD license reinstated

WALLSTREETLAW :

Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarificati on.

WALLSTREETLAW :

This is an unfortunate situation, '

WALLSTREETLAW :

if you have no connection with the loan and never signed for it, you can challenge the debt by reopening the lawsuit through a lawyer, or contact the collections agency directly,

WALLSTREETLAW :

and advise them that you are being collected upon, when you have no liability,

WALLSTREETLAW :

the collection agency should go by social security numbers not names, so it would be fairly easy for you to challenge the case,

WALLSTREETLAW :

I would first contact the lender and advise them of the issue, and mention your social security number, it is possible they are not aware of the issue, and may go after your son.

WALLSTREETLAW :

If they received the judgment through a civil suit,

WALLSTREETLAW :

you can try to reopen the case in Civil Court, by claiming you were never served the paper work, and have a valid defense, since you never co signed the loan.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This incident is connected to an automobile acident so I would assume it is a civil judgement place on my drivers license
how can I find out who the collection angency is

if this was a car accident case, a lawsuit must have been filed, you need to see who was actually sued, if you were not sued, then the collection agency is violating the law going after you, and you can actually sue them, as they are violating the fair debt collection act.

If you were sued at the start, you should try to reopen the lawsuit and fight it.

To find the collection agency, run a credit check on your name, and do a Court records search to see who the attorneys were who sued you or your son, and contact them.