TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs

I signed up for laser age spot removal and am having second

I signed up for laser age spot removal and am having second thoughts. My doctor is willing to give me a note saying I shouldn't have this done. I live in Washington State. If I take the note into the center do they have to cancel my contract?

Thank you for your question.

Generally a contract which has not been executed may be cancelled when the underlying reason for the contract has become impossible. In this circumstance, you would have an argument of impossibility because you have been told by your doctor that you cannot go through with the treatment.

This is not an automatic right, but a defense to a claim for breach of contract. In other words, you can tell them that you are cancelling the treatment and that you do not owe them anything. If they try to collect from you anyway, you will have to prove impossibility in a court of law. That may mean that you have to file a suit against the center for a "declaratory judgment."

Please let me know if you have further question. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am compensated by the website for my work on your question. Rating does not cause an additional charge and will not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Best Regards,