TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs

Is it considered dealing in bad faith for a prime contractor

Is it considered dealing in bad faith for a prime contractor to deal directly on the same project with a subcontractor's lower tier sub without it's consent? If so, can you provide case law to support?

Thank you for your question.

It is not considered bad faith unless the general contractor is causing the sub-sub contractor to break its contract with the primary sub. If the general contractor is merely asking the sub-sub to become a primary sub as well, and this does not break any deal between the sub-sub and the first primary sub, then no law has been broken.

Please let me know if you have further question. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am compensated by the website for my work on your question. Rating does not cause an additional charge and will not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Best Regards,