Jack R.
Jack R., Attorney
Experience:  OH/TX Practicing Attorney focusing on Family Law, Foreclosure, Landlord-Tenant Issues.

Does the Head of the Benefit department in a corportion have

Does the Head of the Benefit department in a corportion have the right to discuss the status of an employee's claim with a director of the company without getting permission form the employee?

Thank you for using Just Answer.

Yes, the status of a claim may be discussed with the corporation management. The underlying conditions/illness may be protected as confidential depending on the condition. For example under the American with Disability Act (ADA )it is allowed to disclose medical information to: XXXXX XXXXX managers who need to know the necessary restrictions on the employee's duties and necessary accommodations. Similarly under FMLA some information may also be disclosed to the employees management concerning the request and ability to return to work.

Please remember the to click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE so I may get credit form my answer. If you have further questions please ask. Thank You !