Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years exp all aspects of general law
20355756

Is a Civil judgement enforceable in

Is a xxx Civil judgement enforceable in xxx

Hello there - Yes, every state's courts must give full faith and credit to the judgments of another states courts according to the US Constitution. In order to enforce the xxx civil judgment you have to take the judgment into the local court where the defendant lives or works in xxx and ask the court there for an order to enforce the judgment. THe xxx court has no power to change the judgment or nullify the judgment -- they can only give you an order enforcing the judgment. - Please let me know if you have any questions. - MARY - Please press the 3rd, 4th or 5th star below so I will be paid for my time !! THANK YOU

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Does the judgement have to be presented to the court by an attorney or can it be done by mail

It cannot be handled by mail and there are no forms that you can use to do it (sorry). You either have to go there and file a court case for enforcement of judgment yourself or you have to hire an attorney who practices in xxx to sign the case up in the local county court for the enforcement of the judgment. You can find an attorney in that jurisdiction by contacting the local county bar association and asking for a referral to several attorneys in that area who can assist you with this. The local xxx bar association is online. - I wish that the process could be simpler, but it is not. Please let me know if you have further questions. - MARY - Please press the 3rd, 4th or 5th star below so I will be paid for my time !! THANK YOU