How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jack R. Your Own Question
Jack R.
Jack R., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 6147
Experience:  OH/TX Practicing Attorney focusing on Family Law, Foreclosure, Landlord-Tenant Issues.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Jack R. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can anyone create and file affidavits, notices, and deeds on

This answer was rated:

Can anyone create and file affidavits, notices, and deeds on minerals in the State of Ohio? If there are any types of deeds, notices, or affidavits that can only be done by a real estate agent, broker, or lawyer what are they? I have a few people that want me to help them recover the abandoned minerals to their surface property and sell them through quit claim deeds and one person who wants me to help them preserve their minerals in another county. All I need to know is if it is legal for me to do so. Can I put my name on the instruments as the one preparing them or does it need to be the owners to be done legally? I do not have a law degree, broker license, nor a real estate license.

Thank you for choosing Just Answer.


Anyone can record a deed, notices, or affidavits. You are free to create, sign and file documents where you are a party. This is referred to as acting "Pro Se". You may not generate legal documents for a 3rd party. This may be the practice of law without a license. You cannot sign any legal document for a 3rd party. You can assist someone with filling out publicly available forms (e.g. deeds) as long as you do not advise them on legal matters involved.


Please remember to press ACCEPT and the appropriate service level so I may get credit for my answer. If you have further questions please ask


Jack R. and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank You!

You are very welcome !! Please refer to me in the future if you ave other questions (specify JackR in the question).

Related Legal Questions