Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

On my drivers license, I have 10 Suspensions over the years

On my drivers license, I have 10 Suspensions over the years and some tickets dating back to 1979. Is there any way that I can get this cleaned up a little?
Hello and thank you for requesting me.

Can you please tell me:

1) What state(s) are these suspensions/tickets in?
2) Are any outstanding, i.e. not paid, etc?
3) As a result of #2, is your license suspended currently?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

State is Indiana

Everything has been paid

My license is not suspended

Suspensions: [2]Chemical Test Refusals

[2] No show for driving school while I was in a hospital

[2] DWIs

[1] Failure to File Financial Responsibility

[1] Driving While Suspended

J,

Thank you for your reply.

Is there any way that I can get this cleaned up a little?

Not right away. There is no way to simply "clean up" one's criminal/driving record, I am afraid. The best choice someone in your situation may have is possibly to file for a PARDON.

What you describe - these are criminal matters, and from what I understand - convictions. Essentially, Indiana may pardon your conviction. Indiana's Parole Board has this power, delegated to it by the Governor. See here on how to file.

Now, there is no right for a pardon - it is at the state's discretion. But if you do receive it, then, the crime(s) for which you have been convicted would be as thought it/they did not exist for official intents and purposes.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

IMPORTANT: Please use REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces before submitting the rating, because this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects negatively on me as an expert, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. Do not worry, you may always ask follow ups free after rating. My ultimate goal is your complete satisfaction.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Would this open up a whole new can of worms?

J,

Not really. The worst that they can do is say no, but, one really does not face any "repercussions" from this in any way from the Parole Board, the D.A.(s), or the BMV.