Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

does a citizen of Ghana need $10,000 US dollars on their person

do'es a citizen of Ghana need $10,000 US dollars on their person to travel to the USA is this a Ghana law or is it a scam
Hi

I am the Pro who will be providing you information in this regard today.

I suggest you are correct that this is some sort of scam. The Ghana government does not require a traveling citizen to have $10,000 or other amount of money before leaving. However, they need to have a certain type of VISA and that is an immigration matter.

What you have here, it appears, is a person trying to get money in a scam. There are many variations of these scams Generally, they begin by striking up some sort of friendship or romantic relationship via the Internet

Then the person will tell their "Victim" they need to have money for travel expenses, VISAs, a sick family member, etc

I suggest if you do not know who you are dealing with you do not present them with any money. I suggest you might want to check with the U.S. Embassy in Ghana at telephone (233)-(030)-274-1443/1449 for an assessment of the offer’s credibility and to verify my true and correct information.

I think I have answered your question. Remember, I can only answer and provide true and correct information for what you ask.

Otherwise, please rate this service below Good to Excellent so that I may get credit for my time and information. Rating will not close the question and it will always be available for follow ups. A Rating will only close a CHAT and then convert it to a QA where you can always access it.

Thank You and good luck with everything