How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TexLaw Your Own Question
TexLaw, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4430
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
Type Your Legal Question Here...
TexLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds


This answer was rated:

Had to give up part owner of property, to stop law suit that had no merit and my stupid lawyer could not see it had no merit. So it would have cost me more money to fight suit than I had.

Hi, thank you for asking your question today. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. I am sorry to hear of your situation. By the way, it would help us to know:

-what is your question.?


Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.


Can you tell us more about your situation?

What was the lawsuit agianst you about?

Why do you believe the lawsuit did not have any merit?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

a 100.000 loan taking out by small corporation. I was just stock holder. I know that stock holder is only resposibale for monies he spent on stock.I was told at the time by bank officials that I had no responsibility. for note.I backd out of any interest in corp. because I new their was a conspirity to push out me out as my brother and nephew took control.I had to retire because of health and the not was paid off. Found out that CPA quit filling corp papers anD continued to file as a corporation.They might have left me as a debtor if we were not corp.since I was out when note was paid they sued me for my share of 100000

So now that you are sued, you say you have an attorney who doesn't understand how to get you out and you want to know what to do next? Correct?

Is the attorney still working for you?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, retired. It over I had to give over property as I could not pay for law suit. I had notion to contact a C P A organization and tell them what he did. did not fill wiyh state but still fill as Corp with IRS

I see.

The thing you need to do in court is file a Motion for Summary Judgment. Since you do not have an attorney any more, you are presenting yourself. You will need to send a letter to the judge and the attorney for the Plaintiff stating that you are not a shareholder of the corporation and sold your shares and that there is no evidence that you are personally liable on the note. Then you should aks that the Plaintiff be required to produce evidence that shows that you are liable on the note personally, and if the Plaintiff cannot then the case must be dismissed.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Please also
kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am compensated by the
website for my work on your question. Rating does not cause an additional
charge and does not prohibit you from further discussing your questions with

Best Regards,


Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i asked about CPA and his attempt to kept my brother out of resonsibility by not filling corp papers with missouri and still fill with IRS.I signed agreement and lost property. maybe c p a should loose his licience. tip, yes

If the CPA did not follow your instructions or failed to file a document out of negligence, then this would be a reason that he could lose his license.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

CPA did not fill corporation papers which could have put me in jepordy as the friend of deceased brother back loan. than a little latter my brother backed it. Not legal. share holer not allowed to loan money to corporation. I hate to end a professonals career, but he was willing to ruin my life.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank You,

when sombody screws with me, I like Evens

The CPA had to be instructed to file the reports in order to be held responsible, but I agree, if he failed to do this then you can hold him liable.

I hope this has helped.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am compensated for my work by the website. Rating does not cause an additional charge and does not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Best Regards,
TexLaw, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4430
Experience: Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
TexLaw and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you