Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

I own some property in Elko, Nevada although I currently live

I own some property in Elko, Nevada although I currently live in Idaho. My question is, in the event of my death, does Nevada law have a "joint tenency, right of survivorship" law, or something similar, to ensure my wife takes over full ownership of the property as simply as possible without issues or hassles? Can you tell me if I'm using the correct terminology or if it's called by another name in Nevada?

RayAnswers :

Thanks for your question and good morning.Nevada does have such a law.You would deed it from yourselves and tenants in common to joint tenancy with right of survivorship using a premade form.This is not difficult you can complete it yourself and file it in the real property records where the property is located.

RayAnswers :

Here is the form--use the free preview here to view it and make use of it.It comes with instructions as well.

RayAnswers :

It has been my pleasure to assist you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.

RayAnswers :

I hope that you will be so kind as to leave a positive rating. If you do have any additional questions about my answer please click the "Continue Conversation Link" so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. Please be aware that any rating of 1 or 2 is reflected as a negative rating and I receive no credit for my answers.

This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship.Information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information.

RayAnswers :

You would file it here.

RayAnswers :
Elko County Recorder

571 Idaho Street

Elko, NV 89801

775-738-6526(NNN) NNN-NNNNfax

RayAnswers :

Thanks again.

RayAnswers :

Here is more information about filing fees, etc.

RayAnswers :

This is really a pretty simple thing to do.You would get the property description off of existing deed, complete it and sign it in front of a notary and mail it in for filing along with filing fees.They record it and mail you back the original for your records.

RayAnswers :

I appreciate the chance to help and chat with you today.