Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

If an attorney filed a lawsuit for his money, after a year

If an attorney filed a lawsuit for his money, after a year has passed. Can I file a cross- complaint for malpractice or am i out of time?

JD 1992 :

You can file a counter-claim.

JD 1992 :

Even though an original legal malpractice claim has to be brought within a year it can be filed as a counterclaim.

JD 1992 :

The website is showing you are offline so I will save and exit so I can assist others. If you have any additional questions please feel free to ask them in this thread. I will be online most of the day but it may take a little while for me to answer if I am assisting others.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

A malpractice lawsuit was filed against an attorney. The case was ordered to binding arbitration. The arbitration hearing took placed on January 16, 2013. No decision or aAward has been issused, and I am being given the run arounds claiming the retired judge does have the time to issue his decision. What are my options now?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have not received an answer

For some reason I didn't receive notice of this question until after I had responded in the new thread. Since this is a different topic I will answer it there.