JaxLaw
JaxLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Estate Planning (i.e. wills, trusts, power-of-attorney doc.s, living wills, etc.), Probate and more
9345660

is there a buyers remorse law in NY State with regard to dish

is there a buyer's remorse law in NY State with regard to dish or direct TV. If so, what is the length of time allotted?
DISCLAIMER - This answer is not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is formed. The information provided is for educational purposes only. For specific advice regarding your situation, please consult a qualified attorney in your area.

Unfortunately, no. New York does not have a general buyer's remorse law. It does have a law allowing for 15 days to change your mind after signing a fitness/gym membership agreement and a 3 day period to change your mind after signing a home improvement agreement.

Additionally, the Federal Trade Commission allows for a 3-day period to cancel any contracts for the purchase of goods over $25 if the sale was via door-to-door sale at home, or a non-home sale made somewhere other than the seller's place of business, to cancel the sales contract until the third business day following the sale.

Thank you again for choosing JustAnswer. Please rate my answer so that I receive credit for my response.