Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

i live in Bergen country NJ. got my tax bill for 2013. need

i live in Bergen country NJ. got my tax bill for 2013. need to apply to lower it - do i go to court? how can i do that?
Should in retain the attorney or do it myself? i live in town Cliffsidfe park NJ.
are there any standard ways of doing it in NJ Bergen county? should i retain an appraiser to represent me?
Hi

I am the Pro who will be providing you information today

I suggest you need to begin your Appeal process with the Bergan County Tax Assessment Office - Please see this link

If that does not work for you then you can appeal to the Court system

In addition I suggest you might want to use this link and review the information on appeal the tax bill

I suggest you could use an appraiser to give you a value on the home. But the appraiser cannot represent you You can bring the appraiser as a witness

Once you review the second link and the information on tax appeals and assessments, you will be able to determine if your Tax Bill is fair or not and then proceed from there

I think I have answered your question. Remember, I can only answer and provide true and correct information for what you ask.

Otherwise, please rate this service below Good to Excellent so that I may get credit for my time and information. Rating will not close the question and it will always be available for follow ups. A Rating will only close a CHAT and then convert it to a QA where you can always access it.

Thank You and good luck with everything