Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

Thank You!! My uncle was named the one to take care of things

Customer Question

Thank You!! My uncle was named the one to take care of things after their death. So since they can go up there and get money is it legal that they take money and not give us equal part of what they took.
Expert:  Barrister replied 3 years ago.
Hello again,
.
That is kind of the problem...when there are multiple owners on an account, any of those owners can legally withdraw the money and use it for their own.
.
If there was some mention that all the beneficiaries were to share equally in the money, then if they didn't split it, you could file suit against them. Even if there was nothing stating how the money was to be split, you could still make the argument that all should have shared equally and that they have improperly taken money that should have been divided (assuming they have removed money)
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

Please don't forget to rate my service "OK" or higher. It is only then that I receive credit for my work.

.

If you need further help, just reply to me via the “REPLY” button and I will be happy to continue.

.

I cannot enter into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.

.