Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

My grandmother passed away and my uncle, aunt and me and my

My grandmother passed away and my uncle, aunt and me and my 2 siblings were put on some accounts as pod.....my uncle will not tell us how much is in the accounts but I think they aare pulling money out of account but not telling us...can I go to bank and inquire about these accounts? I live in Texas and my fathet was killed that is why we are a beneficiary.
Hello and thank you for using JA! My goal is to provide you with excellent service and help with your legal problem.
.
Yes, if you are listed as a beneficiary on a POD account, then upon the decedent's death, you and any other beneficiaries would have instantly become the owner of the account and anything in it.
.
The problem is that if there are more than one beneficiary listed on the POD account, then it is essentially a joint account and any of the owners would be able to access it and withdraw money. But as an owner, you can get a copy of any withdrawals from the bank to see if they are taking the money out.
.
Just make sure you have legal ID to prove your indentity so they will release that infomation to you.
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

Please don't forget to rate my service "OK" or higher. It is only then that I receive credit for my work.

.

If you need further help, just reply to me via the “REPLY” button and I will be happy to continue.

.

I cannot enter into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.

.