Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

Goodmorning. I have a Housing case .I moved from and apartment

Customer Question

Goodmorning. I have a Housing case .I moved from and apartment I owed rent when I moved I was ling month to month for i had know lease the on I had expired. I moved but I never received my security back . My son stayed there one month after I left. I went to court made a settlement started paying.I stop paying because I retired and I start to received my benefits SS and Pension now I received another settlement and they want me to pay more money than my balance when I stop I owed 2200 balance they want me to pay over 2000 more in what I owe they said its interest the money the bill was 4275 I paid 1800 now they are sending me a bill to pay 4875 without the 1800 i have alread paid .what shall i do ?
Expert:  Barrister replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JA! My goal is to provide you with excellent service and help with your legal problem.
Did the landlord sue you and get a judgment against you for the back rent?
And you paid on it for a while and then quit?
Do you have any other income other than SS and pension?
Do you have any assets like paid off cars, bank accounts, savings, real estate, etc.?