Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Goodmorning. I have a Housing case .I moved from and apartment

Customer Question

Goodmorning. I have a Housing case .I moved from and apartment I owed rent when I moved I was ling month to month for i had know lease the on I had expired. I moved but I never received my security back . My son stayed there one month after I left. I went to court made a settlement started paying.I stop paying because I retired and I start to received my benefits SS and Pension now I received another settlement and they want me to pay more money than my balance when I stop I owed 2200 balance they want me to pay over 2000 more in what I owe they said its interest the money the bill was 4275 I paid 1800 now they are sending me a bill to pay 4875 without the 1800 i have alread paid .what shall i do ?
Expert:  Barrister replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JA! My goal is to provide you with excellent service and help with your legal problem.
.
Did the landlord sue you and get a judgment against you for the back rent?
.
And you paid on it for a while and then quit?
.
Do you have any other income other than SS and pension?
.
Do you have any assets like paid off cars, bank accounts, savings, real estate, etc.?
.
.
Thanks