Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years exp all aspects of general law
20355756

I had my passport revoked they first told me for violation

I had my passport revoked they first told me for violation of my parole for assault. I have never been arrested for assault. Then they told me I had my passport but on hold by customs and border protection.

Then they said I need to see rso to get some kind of letter and travel back to the USA as soon as possible with emergency passport.

Here are the facts I have lived in china for 4.5 years i have a Chinese wife and baby I also have my job here my whole life is here.
Sense this has happened I can not sleep or eat I keep calling the embassy people but they are no help.

I have heard a lawyer in the USA can file for emergency hearing to get my passport back based on a number of things.

Also they delayed my meeting because the rso person is out of town so now I am in a country with no passport and I have been told by the embassy person that I am now stateless they are also telling me I need to return to the USA as soon as possible a lot of different stories.

All I know is under Chinese law even though I have a valid work permit and visa if I can not produce this on demand I am subject to arrest

I need a lawyers help that can fix this for me.

I feel as though the government is not protecting me abroad at all.
I do not want to be forced back to the USA a child needs there father.

Any attorney out there with experience with this kind of case please contact me!

Hello there

-

Is there any possibility that you have any child support obligations in the United States that remain unpaid? Did anyone ever make an accusation of paternity against you and seemed to do nothing at the time?

(I hate to ask that question but it is one of the major reasons why a passport is revoked in the US these days).

-

-

MARY

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No i do not have any other children.

i do have a record from 15 years ago my probation was finished 7 or 8 years ago. I have written the state department and even the whitehouse.

i am told once I see the rso they will provide me a letter saying why it was revoked they also told me i need to return to the USA. My family is here I have nothing in the USA at this time. Bottem line is what kind of lawyer do I need to hire to fix this I will borrow money if I have to

anouther issue is, they keep telling me different stories how can I be stateless

how can hey demand my return to the USA? How can they deny me my human right to travel and be free. I feel the government is subjecting me to unnessicary hardship by leaving me in a country that has a strict stop and show me your passport policy.

Hello again James-

-

The state department can issue, deny and revoke passports -- if they have reason to do so under the law, then they are permitted. Because we do not know exactly the reason why they are doing this, there really is nothing that we can tell you here at Just Answer. If you can get the revocation letter and come back here and let me know what it says, I can review and get an answer for you or refer you to someone who can give you an answer. I truly wish that I could give you a better answer than this, but they reasons for revocation are typically child support and criminal matters and if you are sure there are no child support issues then there must be some issue with a criminal case. I work almost every evening from about noon EST to about midnight EST if you want to post more information as soon as you know it.

-

MARY

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok thank you

James -

-

I will wait for your further response. You can write it in a response box when you receive it .

-

MARY