Jack R.
Jack R., Attorney
Experience:  OH/TX Practicing Attorney focusing on Family Law, Foreclosure, Landlord-Tenant Issues.

paid real estate taxes 30years when i got sick after my husband

paid real estate taxes 30years when i got sick after my husband died i couldnt pay the taxes my taxes have been sold meed to pay 12.000.00 by tomorrow at 4pm. any way to get a month's extension on the payment or will i have to leave my home

Thank you for choosing Just Answer:

I am assuming that it has been 2 years since the taxes have been sold. Redemption of a tax sale can be delayed one more year to 3 years by the buyer. You can contact the buyer to see if he is willing to wait one more month. This is the only way to extend the time period.

Did you look into a reverse mortgage ? It may be too late now since it cannot be completed in 1 day.

Once the buyer gets a deed for the property it is effectively his. You can leave or wait until an eviction proceeding takes place.

If you found this answer useful please ACCEPT my answer; press the appropriate quality of service button of 3 or greater. This is needed so I can get credit for my answer. If you have follow up questions please ask.

This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship.Information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information.