BizAttorney
BizAttorney, Attorney
Experience:  Over 12 years of business and legal experience.
13790199

how do I stop a divorse, that I dont want?

how do I stop a divorse, that I don't want?

BizAttorney :

Good evening! I can help you out with your legal question tonight. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. In order to better assist you, I need to ask you a few questions. How far along are you in the divorce so far?

BizAttorney :

Also, do both parties want to stop the divorce or do you just not want to get a divorce?

Customer:

papers have been served, and a call in interview with Judge has been scheduled

Customer:

and neither party wants to get a divorse

BizAttorney :

I see, it will be easy to stop the divorce then. Congratulations! You need to file a Joint Stipulation and Order to Dismiss the case with prejudice. This is a simple document, so I'll tell you what it needs to include.

BizAttorney :

It needs to have the caption (parties names and the title of the document)

BizAttorney :

Then say "Come now (your name) and (spouse's name) and hereby agree to dismiss the Complaint for Divorce with prejudice in the above-captioned matter.

BizAttorney :

Then you need to have a space for both of you to sign and then a space for the judge to sign.

BizAttorney :

You will both sign it and then submit it to the court and then the judge will sign it and then you file it and the case will be dismissed.

BizAttorney :

Here is an example for you to look at: http://securities.stanford.edu/1042/COH09_01/2010419_f02o_09CV03789.pdf

BizAttorney :

Did you have any other questions tonight?

BizAttorney :

If not, please leave me feedback so that I can continue to help others. Thank you and good luck and congratulations on saving the marriage!

Customer:

no, thank you very much