Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

what is the SOL on a lawyer fees?

what is the SOL on a lawyer fees?

Hello and welcome.

Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice; and (2) my function is to give you honest information and not necessarily to tell you what you wish to hear. There may be a delay between your follow ups and my replies as I review your responses and prepare your answer.

Is there a written or oral agreement between the attorney and client?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not that I remember, I last made a payment 7 yrs ago and today i receive a summons . is it 5 yrs or 10 yrs SOL ?

I see. Thank you, Dan.

If the contract is in writing, then the attorney would typically have 10 years in which to file suit from the date of the breach by the client.

If the contract was not in writing, then a 5 year statute of limitations would normally apply, which begins to run on the date breached as well.

Here is a link that references the applicable statutes:

I hope this helps clarify the situation for you.

It has been my pleasure to assist you today. If you feel the need to provide a low rating, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will be happy to continue further and assist you until I am able to explain your concern to your satisfaction. Please also remember that I cannot control whether the law is favorable to you or not, so please don’t shoot the messenger. Thank you and all the best to you.

Please feel free to bookmark the following link so you can request me to answer any future legal questions you may have: