BizAttorney
BizAttorney, Attorney
Experience:  Over 12 years of business and legal experience.
13790199

My son is in jail cince monday for fail to register as a sex

Customer Question

My son is in jail cince monday for fail to register as a sex offender.i am in texas dont now what to do he is in chicago.i dont have the money can I get a free lawyer?
Expert:  BizAttorney replied 1 year ago.

BizAttorney :

Good evening! I can help you out with your legal question tonight. Yes, anytime jail/freedom is involved, then the court can appoint counsel for that person.

BizAttorney :

I'm sorry to hear about your son being in jail. You can call the court to request the number to call the public defender.

BizAttorney :

Here is the Cook County public defender number(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Customer:

What is the fiance or the years he can get in jail?

BizAttorney :

It will depend on his past conduct and actual crime. I would need more details in order to give you a better range.

Customer:

This was a mistake he dini't. Do this om purpose he was go8n to register bu5 he saw 5he papper the it was on the nenetheen of this month but really was on the 12

BizAttorney :

The judge does have leniency in this matter and if the judge determines it was a simple error, then he will be released and required to report his whereabouts.

Customer:

Wel he was on the army and he got deploy to afganisthan you now over there is like you had only one family. Sou he wen to war in afghan8s5an and one of his fiend. Took his hard drive well he ask my son if he can use my son let hin use be cause he was goin to be out for days my son his a good kid he never had a malicious mind. He never ch3ck is computer or think he got something bad. He always dawload games I now that because he allways likes games cince he was a kid.

BizAttorney :

That is regretable.

Customer:

Wen he got send to us hes station was new mexico white sand he was donw loade a game buth realy he was dawloade child pornografy with dout noing.but he got to pleaded guilty because was on his computer fbi came and took everithing. My son had a marcial court he went for two year in jail he get out las year in january and move to chicago because his wife was there whi5 his baby. He just dont have the experince in rejistering you now.and the guy who put all tha shtttt on his comp he quit the army we dont now were he is .now my son have to pay for something he dint do.

BizAttorney :

I understand your frustration. You should definitely call the public defender so that he is well represented. They will represent him so that his interests are protected.

Customer:

This is sad for me my son is only 25 he not event had a chance of nothing.

BizAttorney :

It is not the end of the world and he can still recover from this.

Customer:

He is sou stress out over these. I think the he dont what to leave no more or give up trying

BizAttorney :

That is why you should call the public defender, so that he does not give up.

BizAttorney :

Help him have hope.

Customer:

I trying .I what to help but some times Ifell helples I tried to be strrong.but it hurts some much the I wish this is never happen to him.

Customer:

You dont now the number for a public deffender in chicago

BizAttorney :

I know this is hard. Make sure you write down the number I gave you and call them in the morning. The sooner you can contact them, the sooner they can help you. The number is(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Customer:

My daugther in law call on the place were they have him I dont now but she said or I tink she dint understand but the fiance was goin to be 10, 000 or 100, 000 thats is alot of years

BizAttorney :

That seems extreme.

Customer:

I realy apreciate your help and sorry but some times I just want to say this to some one tinking the maybe some budy can help me whit this tank you sou muck.

BizAttorney :

You are so very welcome!!!

BizAttorney :

Have a good night and please leave me feedback before you go. Good luck and I wish you the best!

BizAttorney, Attorney
Experience: Over 12 years of business and legal experience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello is me again I call the public defender l8ke you tell me buth they say they can do nothin till he see the judge .the judge is the one who goin to be given one

I see, then the judge will appoint counsel for him and then set a new hearing date.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yea and his bond is 10, 000and his fiance is 100, 000 dont is creasy I dont whant my son go to prision dont now what to do

He will likely be in there until his hearing about a week after.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You tink with this big bond he got is possible the judge not gpin to pit hin inprission?

The bond amount really is just about flight risk. I don't think in this situation that is forecast if jail time.