BartEsq
BartEsq, Researcher
Experience:  Juris Doctor
64232130

When signing contracts should I initial every page of the contract?

When signing contracts should I initial every page of the contract? I read somewhere that I should do that to prevent changes being made to parts of the contract after it is executed.

BartEsq :

Welcome! Thank you for using JustAnswer.

BartEsq :

My name isXXXXX going to try and help.

Customer:

Great

BartEsq :

For the most part, contracts are enforceable against the party that signs the contract. In your case, the other party would usually have you initial specific clauses or pages just to ensure that you read it and cant claim a contract defense called unconsionability.

Customer:

We are both signing the contract.

BartEsq :

But if you are concerned about the other party changing the contract or specific clause, initialling the pages or clause is a good way to ensure they dont try to change a clause or page.

Customer:

Okay so it is sort of up to me

BartEsq :

Correct.

Customer:

Okay thank you

BartEsq :

Any other concerns you would like to address?

Customer:

Not at this time. Thank you again!

BartEsq :

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. Let me know if you have any questions. If I can provide you with any additional service, please don't hesitate to ask. Please remember to rate my service so I can get credit for my work. Bonus is not mandatory but much appreciated. Thank You.

You can request me directly by putting “To Bart” at the beginning of your question or clicking on my profile link here: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-bartesq/