CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

I have an injury. recently my doctor removed me from work status

I have an injury. recently my doctor removed me from work status but before that i filed an EEO against my postmaster for discrimination for not allowing me to advance because i have an injury. in retaliation for the eeo he called oig to claim fraud. i discovered i was been followed and at that time didnt know who it was. I called 911. Today he gave me a disaplinary interview and wanted to ask question about survallance. How do i make this guy stop retaliation tactics. Im already see a doctor for mental health.

William B. Esq. :

Dear Customer, if you are being discriminated against for a disability, you may file an EEOC complaint against your employer. For more information regarding the laws specific to this (and to see if your situation meets these requirements) see the following federal website: http://www.eeoc.gov/laws/types/facts-retal.cfm for information regarding how to file a complaint, here is another site that may be helpful: http://www.eeoc.gov/employees/charge.cfm For cases such as this it is often helpful to hire an employment law attorney. Many of these attorneys will work on a contingency fee basis (they do not get paid until you get a recovery, but you do get less money out of your final recovery, which is usually larger than what you would receive if you pursued your claim individually). I know customers do not come to this site to be told to "go get a lawyer" but in situations such as employment law claims, it is usually the best way to preserve your rights as the regulatory structure can be very complex and overwhelming if you are not used to it.

William B. Esq. :

I hope that the above information is helpful, if you have any questions, please use the “Reply to Expert Link” and I will follow up promptly. Once you are satisfied with your answer, please rate my service by clicking on the “OK” “GOOD” or “EXCELLENT” buttons, if you believe my service is anything less than “OK” please stop and tell me what additional information or clarification you need to make your experience satisfactory.

If you have any further questions, or if I missed or misunderstood what you were asking, please do ask and I will follow up promptly, You may continue to follow up if further questions arise even after rating my response.

Customer:

You answer did not answer my question. How to make him stop.

William B. Esq. :

To make him stop you will need court intervention - the best way to get this is with a TRO.

William B. Esq. :

A TRO is a temporary restraining order and can be granted by a Court once the moving party (you) has proven a liklihood of prevailing on the claims for discrimination in the main case. If you can show that, the Court has the discretion to issue an order requiring the other party to stop doing something or start doing something to remedy the complained of behavior.

William B. Esq. :

To get this you must first file a complaint (a civil case) against the offending employer.

Customer:

Okay. thanks

William B. Esq. :

You are welcome (I am very sorry I missed it earlier, I ended up focusing on the statute). I do hope this matter resolves itself quickly. Please let me know if I missed anything else, or if there is anything else I can help you with today.