Lawyer Lori
Lawyer Lori, Attorney
Experience:  10 years of legal experience.
15826124

What is the Statute of Limitation on child support arrearage

What is the Statute of Limitation on child support arrearage and the number of it?

Lawyer Lori :

Good afternoon. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be the professional assisting you today. I believe the statute of limitations is 10 years from the date the last payment is due. Please give me a few minutes to track down the exact statute for you.

Lawyer Lori :

§(NNN) NNN-NNNN Action to enforce noncontractual money obligations; limitations

Lawyer Lori :

(4) For an action to enforce a support order that is enforceable under the support and parenting time enforcement act, Act No. 295 of the Public Acts of 1982, being sections 552.601 to 552.650 of the Michigan Compiled Laws, the period of limitations is 10 years from the date that the last support payment is due under the support order regardless of whether or not the last payment is made.

Lawyer Lori :

Please let me know if I can provide you with any other information.

Customer:

Thank-You very much , this informatation is very helpful to me in filing my motion to abate some old support arrearages.