Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

Customer Question

What are my legal rights as a parent regarding my 16 year old ? She broke up with a boy 3 months ago and at that time he was 17 an he had threaten her by telling her he would get 5 girls to beat her up. She is seeing a therapist but she started talking to him again and they are on the phone til 3 in the morning he just turned 18 and he is a citizen of Peru and just recently received his green card, She basically is telling my husband and I she is seeing him and there is nothing we can do? She has a 3.6 avg works and this kid has no ambitions but to verbally abuse her and his parents don't speak English very well and he had them convinced he is doing nothing wrong. She tried to hurt herself in Feb 2012 because of this boy what can we do?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

Can you please tell us what state this is in? Have you filed any charges for threats against him yet?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I live in the state of Kentucky and no we have not pressed any type of charges against him

Thank you for your reply and the additional information.

I see you have refunded your deposit and as such the answer that previously appeared here has been removed as it is unfair to have an expert provide an answer under those circumstances. Thank you for understanding.