How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 112623
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds


Customer Question

What are my legal rights as a parent regarding my 16 year old ? She broke up with a boy 3 months ago and at that time he was 17 an he had threaten her by telling her he would get 5 girls to beat her up. She is seeing a therapist but she started talking to him again and they are on the phone til 3 in the morning he just turned 18 and he is a citizen of Peru and just recently received his green card, She basically is telling my husband and I she is seeing him and there is nothing we can do? She has a 3.6 avg works and this kid has no ambitions but to verbally abuse her and his parents don't speak English very well and he had them convinced he is doing nothing wrong. She tried to hurt herself in Feb 2012 because of this boy what can we do?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

Can you please tell us what state this is in? Have you filed any charges for threats against him yet?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I live in the state of Kentucky and no we have not pressed any type of charges against him
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your reply and the additional information.

I see you have refunded your deposit and as such the answer that previously appeared here has been removed as it is unfair to have an expert provide an answer under those circumstances. Thank you for understanding.